A Culture of Happiness: Early Adopter Podcast with Zoom’s Eric Yuan
In this edition of the Early Adopter Podcast, Dan Woods speaks with Zoom’s CEO and founder Eric Yuan. In his research, Woods has focused on four characteristics that can define a startup:
1. Are you searching for a business model?
2. Are you accepting venture capital financing?
3. Are you focused on rapid growth?
4. Do you strongly embrace aspects of startup culture?
The conversation between Yuan and Woods focuses on startup culture, and how, even as startups grow, it’s important to maintain many aspects of startup culture so that nature of innovation keeps the company fresh and innovative. You can read the Q&A of the conversation here.
The topics covered include:
* 6:10 – Zoom’s startup culture of happiness
* 11:30 – How Zoom has prioritized the happiness of its employees
* 17:30 – The leadership principles of Zoom
* 21:45 – How to avoid pitfalls in engineering code
* 26:45 – The common mistakes Yuan sees startups making
You can listen to the full podcast here: